Monday, May 4, 2009

What Do I Hope to Get Out of All This Work?

Well, thats a good question. Theres alot that I hope to get out of these next 2.5 years of junior college. I hope to utilize this time to maximize the quality and scope of my education while pushing myself and shape ethical and work habits that will continue to benefit me for the rest of my life.

My time managaement has always been sub-par, to put it nicely. My social skilsl are...blah. Oh, I can play along to get along, infact thats what I've been doing 95% of the time I'm interacting with other people for as long as I can remember. I dont particularly like many of the people in my limited social circle and I've been looking for ways and reasons to expand it for years now. I think that college will be just the way.

To the point, some of the things that I hope to take away from a maximized college experience is laid out as follows:

Academically:
(1) Vocational Certification --Paitient Care Assistant/ Practical Nursing Assistant
(2) Associate Degrees --Associate of Arts, Associate of Science in Electronic Technology
(3) Work Skills Certificates --Small Business Management, Personal Trainer, Web Technology

Recreationally:
Found a Club for something I'm passionate about. --(i.e. Esperanto, Games, Books)
Participate in 2 clubs. --Black Student Union (BSU) & International Student Organization (ISO) Try out and participate in one Team --BrainBowl or something similarly academic.

Financially:
Avoid Debt-- Like its the bloody plague, utiling as many resources for financial aid as possible.
Earn a Scholarship--For University
Make some money --How? Thats a good question.
But mostly, I just hope that I can

Improve upon Myself -- This is such a wide and varied topic that I cant include a little info on the matter. The one thing I hope to learn during my jr. college years, and take with me throughout the rest of my life, is self discipline. The rest, I feel, will fall into place with relative ease after I master my self.

No comments:

Post a Comment