Sunday, May 3, 2009

My Brief History with School.

I was a homeschooled student K-12 with the exception of the 8 months I spent in a public high school program and not including the fact that for my junior and senior year I attended my local Vocational School and became a certified Book Keeper and a Legal Administrative Assistant. I finished my second vocational course (accounting) on the last day of school, May 2008 and enjoyed a nice summer break away from schoool.

Because of my procrastination, I'd neglected to take my GED between May and September 08 so in the fall, I enrolled in an GED readiness and College prep class at my community college. I sat for my GED October of 2008, and stopped attending the program so that I could better lounge around the house, (joking) but because of the painfully slow DOE workers and post office I did not receive my HS Diploma until January, when the enrollment date for College was past.

Determined to make the most of the years that I have as a young adult and pressured by my parents to stay in school as long as possible, I returned to my local Vocational School, this time picking my course myself and determined to learn about something I was truly interested in. I picked Web Design Services.

The course normally takes 9-12 months to finish. I'm trying my best to do it all in 4.5. I have two texts books left. I'm learning one on JavaScript and then I read and do a book "AdobeDreamWeaver CS3: ASP.net, Cold Fusion, and PHP."

I started out in class working very well at my own pace. I had some knowledge of HTML and had tried to approach CSS before so the very first module was good and easy, as I progressed I was pleased to find that I understand and grasp the knowledge and concepts fairly quickly and I enjoy the class immensely. It feels great to study something you like.

But I slowed down some in March and I completely fell off my work groove in April. Now I have to do some major damage control this month if I'm to complete these two text books and all their required assignment before May 29, 2009. Lets not talk about the "Final Exam Project" just yet, alright?

Wish me luck,
She the Founder

1 comment:

  1. Everyone gets side tracked now and then. I have 6mos left in my program and I am trying to catch up on Anatomy class. My grades are getting better but my study habits are still not what I would like them to be.

    ReplyDelete