Thursday, May 28, 2009

Latest Developments in Web Design

Okay well, long story short. I didn't finish on time. Today did NOT go at all as I planned or imagined that it could, though I guess I was sort of hoping for this to happen. I did complete my web portfolio. My teacher thought that it looked good, she was pleased and I was pleased.

I showed her what I had on the final exam project and she liked it, but she had some suggestions that I make to the over all layout to make it look more...I dont know, I guess catchier. It wasn't fancy smancy but I like the way that it looks now and I think that the client will too, but the Teacher made some good points and just now I had another idea. I'm going to go get my memory card when I'm done with this post and get to work on the revised layout.

Anyway, Teacher told me this morning, after she checked my portfolio and the website that I had 2 more options to consider. I could have an extension/grace period. I have until 4pm on June 2, Tuesday, to turn in the completed assignment and recieve my final benchmark certificate AND get my diploma for the class. IF for some reason that doesn't work out, then I can enroll again in the Fall and get my certificate. She says that if you complete a program within 2 weeks, you get a full refund, so I wouldn't lose any money. Which was a big concern for me.

I'm a bit upset that I didn't finish, but I am pleased with what I accomplished, it just wasn't written for me to complete the course as I wanted to but I'm grateful for this grace period. It gives me a chance to tie up all the lose ends and leave this phase behind me in one smooth motion.

Besides I took about 45 minutes off because we had a presentation/party in class today and I didn't want to be rude to all my classmates and Teacher after they'd all put in something to make it happen. I left campus around 1:30 to go to the pet shop but I missed C. by some minutes. She was due back soon but after about 20 minutes I couldn't wait anymore. So I went back to class and pecked away at my source code for a bit.

To make the Teacher happy I have to:
   1--Get rid of white space at the bottom of the page
   2--Edit the banner to make it more "distinct" {furry edge}
   3--Add a background image to the content section.

After that is done then I will:
   1--Go to the Customer store and verify content, layout, color scheme etc. with her.
   2--Go to the Teacher, get her approval
   3--Host the site online

With a little good luck, alot of work and some discipline I will be done by 4pm Friday.

Lets hope so.




(Also, I had to leave 2.5 hours early)

No comments:

Post a Comment