Thursday, May 21, 2009

Adding a 4th Summer Class

Well, I had wanted to add a 4th class to my summer schedule. I had hoped to take a science class this summer but the class filled up :(...

If I'd gotten 4 classes out of the way this summer that would've left me with an even 16 classes to take for my AA. I like even numbers so I'm a little bummed about that. But its probably a blessing in disguise as I have already started reading and studying the 3 textbooks that I have.

I want to use my 3 weeks of break to get a real start on my college work, but I also have a few personal projects that I want to take on and I think that a 4th class might've gotten to be too much right now, especially since my time management and work ethic are still kind of poor. I have alot to do this summer to improve myself. I'm not particularly proud of the way that I handled myself in this Web Design course that I was in.

I lost my focus several times and wasted alot of time. If I'd worked diligently and purposefully everyday I probably could've finished at the beginning of this month. Now here I am with only 7 days left before the deadline. I've gotta pull together a Portfolio (that'll be easy) and I still need to do my Final Exam Project, which is going to be ALOT harder, because I need to meet with people outside of class, do a presentation to some classmates, get the clients approval, light a fire under the client to get them to pay for webhosting and I then I need to get my teacher to sign off on it. I think I can do it in 7 days, though I'd much prefer to NOT be sitting in class to day. I could accomplish alot more outside of class today.

No comments:

Post a Comment