Thursday, October 1, 2009

Another Goal - Dietary in nature

I'm going to give up sweets until New Years, I had originally said for 90 days but I dont think 92 days will be too much more difficult and I'm a stickler for such things.

Anyway, the reasoning behind this is because I have a very sensitive system and everything I eat takes effect on me in some way or another. I was lethargic and overslept everyday for these past two weeks these because I was eating a ton of sweet junk everyday and it was primarily the only thing I was eating. Now I have a rash all over my face and arms as my system tries to filter out the sugar.

Anyway by sweetjunk I mean things donuts, cake, cookies, ice cream, pastries, little debbies, candy bars, hardcandy, etc. I still plan to eat fast food fish sandwichs when I get them, eat Edy's Strawberry fruitbars, chew gum (sugarfree) and drink juice and the occassional soda. I dont drink soda that often as I prefer water then juice and mostly I do a pretty good job in my efforts to drink close to a gallon of water a day. I'm going to eventually put tighter restrictions on my common diet but I have to start somewhere and my biggest problem when it comes to junkfood is snackcakes and cookies. I also have a bad habit of not drinking water during a time of partying when Juice is so readily available. Committing myself to cut out these things is the best first step I can take at this moment because I need to get started now and actually give my self a chance to gain some momentum on this goal.

Some of the benefits I expect to gain from this is: better sleep, better skin, more energy, weightlose, able to feel alert in the morning, lighter, concious of my eating, (I tend to eat with out even thinking about it) more restful-sleep (I've been sleeping REALLY hard lately), better concentration, save money and personal satisfaction. I'll be aiming  to keep it up until Dec 31, but I'll post about this goal in 15 day increments if I can remember.


**********
Stipulations I hope to add:
No food after 7:30pm
No SODA
No fast food (i.e. B.K. Bigfish, Rally's Deep Sea Double or Fish Sandwich, McDonalds FishSandwich, or Subway Tuna.)
No Meat
2 meals a day
Low Carb
Fasting Alternate days
***********


I honestly feel that since I've been habitaully eating so much junk food lately ESPECIALLY since Eid Al Fitr, that my toughest opponent is simply remembering that I'm not supposed to eat these things. Once I get that down, I feel pretty good about my chances of succeeding.

I'm doing this for personal reasons and because I know my diet plays a HUGE role in deciding how my productivity is going to play out. I've experienced it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment