Wednesday, September 16, 2009

+1 SPI Class

I've enrolled myself in a Self-Paced Instruction class to meet the requirements of my degree that I learn about the U.S. Constitution. The class is only worth one credit and by default I'm given 20 weeks to complete a SPI class. I intend to finish the class in 3 weeks, starting next Monday. I'm already doing my reading and on Monday I hope to take and ace my first test.

There are only three tests and no final exam. I think that this is definitely something I can do fairly quickly.

Taking this class brings my current credit hours up to 14. Assuming I pass all my classes (preferably with A's,) I will have successfully completed 23 of the required 60 hrs for my degree. I'm soo excited about that. I'm going to continue to work hard so that I can work toward my goal of completing an A.A. degree in just one year. (I hope to graduate at The End of Summer 2010 Session B.)

On another optimistic note, I've found the 7 classes that I wish to take during the Spring (17 credit hrs) and the times and teachers are all looking pretty good. I want to take: Child Development, General Psychology, College Algebra**, World Religions, Spanish II, Judo I* and Judo II* So hopefully when they open Spring Registration, I'll be ready because I have the exact course numbers for all these classes. YAY ME!!!

If I make it through the Spring then I will have accumulated a total of 40 of 60 credit hours. I'll fill my summer with as many Session A and Session B classes as possible and maybe even take a couple of SPI classes to make up the difference. I took 9 hrs in Session B of this past summer, so if I were to take atleast 9 hrs in Session A and B of Summer '10 and top it off with a SPI course then I will be set to Graduate! Yay me! I'm soo excited!


*This is a "Session" course and only lasts half a semester.
** I have to continue studying math so I can retake my placement test and be declared ready for college level math courses. If I dont do well the second time, I'll have to take atleast 1 remediation algebra class.

No comments:

Post a Comment