Thursday, May 6, 2010

An Odd Oversight.

I dropped a class today. My Science class.

Why? Because I dont need it and I feel tired and cranky about it and it would eat away at what few precious hours I have remaining toward my degree.

Because I'm looking at Engineering, I'll be required to take Chemistry, and two semesters of Physics, and there is a special clause that says I can waive/work around the general science requirements if I'm pursuing a degree that requires special selections of Science.

So this summer I'm taking only two classes: Literature and Algebra. Thank God!

I'm relieved, I will be buying a copy of the textbook for my private collection, as it was a great book and all, but right now I need money and more time to focus on whats' on my plate and whats coming up ahead.

Its been almost a year since I began school. I'm kind of pleased with my progress, as when I finish in mid-July I will have earned (assuming all goes well) 42 credits!

I'll need to do some serious soul searching this summer, to decide if I want to finish the AA off this fall and go do something else, or if I want to grit my teeth and really go for Engineering...Hmm...

I will have 4 classes left in the Fall. 2 Maths and 2 Sciences, if I decided NOT to go for Engineering. I can take classes on an A-B schedule and 4 hours of electives, (Spanish III) and be done with the first leg of my College journey.

OR

I can have 5 maths and 3 sciences left, take 1-3 classes a semester until Spring 2012 and then have a brief break before starting at Uni in the fall....

Decisions, Decisions....

No comments:

Post a Comment