Sunday, May 2, 2010

I wanna be a mathemagician, I wanna be a mathematician!

So, I passed my Elem. Algebra class this semester with a B, but I feel that I've learned minimally. I learned inqualities and started on factoring but factoring is still rather clumsy to my mind.

However, I'm ready to start Intermediate Algebra because I've got something to prove to myself come the fall. I'll either be ready for College Algebra, (and Engineering PreReqs!) or not. I am hoping for the latter.

Anyway, I'm going to rework my way through an Elementary Algebra book but, more importantly, I've finally gotten my hands on a Mental Math book. Secrets of Mental Math. I've already learned a couple of tricks and I intend to do the whole book.

For now, I've borrowed my schools copy, but I may have to get my own copy eventually. I'm going to be starting a special blog dedicated to math in a few minutes and I just wanted to write to say so.

No comments:

Post a Comment