Thursday, May 27, 2010

No longer considering

Social work as an alternative 4 year degree. A couple weeks ago, there was a list on Yahoo of the 10 lowest paid majors and guess how Social work ranked? #1!

Yeah, so, it never occurred to me to check how much money social workers make. I was hesitant because I know some of the horror stories about this line of work. You have to see tragic things, you have to step in between families and take parents out of childrens lives. Sometimes for the better, sometimes -- due to misunderstandings -- for the worse.

Its truly a career you have to love the work, but I felt I might be to soft for this line of work anyway, as I cant stand to upset people. I'm more of a people pleaser than anything else. Also, who wants an irrate parent to stalk and or attack them for butting into their lives?

Anyway, knowing what highstress, emotionally taxing job this was, I had figured that the work would make it worth while. The sort of life style that I want to lead would make this a bad career choice, so...no. Absolutely not.

I'll keep looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment